Recently I have been playing with Ubuntu Server, So in this Tutorial I want to cover about webmin, What it’s all about and how to install it on your Server.
What Is Webmin?
Webmin is a web-based system configuration tool for Unix-like systems, With it, it is possible to configure operating system internals, such as users, disk quotas, services or configuration files, as well as modify and control open source apps, such as the Apache HTTP Server, PHP or MySQL which can be accessed on a Web Browser.
That’s just the basic explanation of Webmin.
How To Install Webmin
- Login to your Ubuntu Server: Then
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
- Then Add this repository just down, By Pressing Ctrl+Shift+V for Pasting and Pressing Ctrl + O to save the file.
deb http://download.webmin.com/download/repository sarge contrib
deb http://webmin.mirror.somersettechsolutions.co.uk/repository sarge contrib
- Then do this,
apt-key add jcameron-key.asc
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install webmin
- Make sure you follow this Steps without skipping any.
Login To Your Webmin
- After Successful installation, Just browse to your IP address on a Web Browser like https://IP:10000 , You might have an error about SSL Certificate just add it to an exception.
- Then login with your details
- If you are having a Problem with your PORT been filtered, Then add this sudo ufw allow 10000
If you have any issue or something to add, Make use of the comment box.